The history of Sandland Brygge goes back to 1874 when Sandland became a large trading post. Johan Edvard Buck, the great-great-grandfather of Steinar Halvorsen who runs the place today, established a shop and started trading in dried and salted fish where Sandland Brygge is located today.
He expanded his business with several fisheries and at the beginning of the 20th Century his business was among the largest in Finnmark. Edvard Buck, the name he went by, also owned a large farm.
When motor vessels came into use the company bought M/S ANNA and the boat was used both for the transportation of goods and for fishing. Later M/S FARMAND was built at Sandland and then the fishing boat M/S KOBBEN was acquired. In 1895 Sandland got its own post office and in 1913 the telephone arrived which meant that all communication went through Buck. Birgithe Margrethe was one of Bucks nine children. She married Toralf Lyngmoe who had worked for Edvard Buck since 1912. When Johan Edvard Buck died in 1921, Thoralf Lyngmoe became the sole proprietor of the company. When Thoralf withdrew from the company in 1966 due to old age, his foster son Ole Grønnum took over the business with the new company name Edv. Bucks eftf A/S. Today the business only operates at Sandland. Ole Grønnum ran the company until 1974. Then the fishery got new owners who started Sandland fiskeproduksjon.
Steinar and Stina Halvorsen bought the place in 2010. The first guests arrived on the 8th of May 2011 and in June the same year all the five apartments where ready to use.
1. The reception | 2. The apartments | 3, The Blue Hous | 4. The BBQ house | 5. The Sauna | 6. The quay, fish gutting hall and drying room | 7. The marina | 8. The beach | 9. The speedboat jetty
Halibut ? This way!